GAEYC Quality Service Awards
Each year GAEYC recognizes individuals and early childhood programs that have made a significant difference in the lives of children ages birth through third grade in the state of Georgia through our annual Quality Service Awards. The awards are divided into 14 categories to acknowledge all spheres of influence in early care and education. Potential recipients are nominated by others, and winners are selected by the GAEYC awards committee. Winners in all categories are recognized at the Together for Children Annual Conference in October.
Nominations for Quality Service Awards are accepted in the spring of each year, and award winners are decided during the summer. Check out the Awards Criteria to see the requirements for each individual award, or click on the categories below to read more information. When you are ready to submit your nomination, go to the online Quality Service Awards Nomination Form. The nomination deadline is August 31, 2019.
- Current GAEYC staff and GAEYC Board Members are not eligible for any GAEYC awards
- An individual can be nominated for a maximum of 2 awards in a single year
- Upon winning an award, the recipient must wait three years before being nominated for another award
Quality Service Awards are given in the following categories. Click on any category to see the criteria for nomination and a list of awardees for that category.
- Fan Brooke Award for Grassroots Leadership
- Jo Cato Perseverance on Behalf of Children and Families Award
- Pat Minish Advocacy Award
- Peggy A. Gallagher Award for Inclusion of Young Children with Special Needs
- GAEYC Child Educator of the Year (3 separate awards for educators in a small center, educators in a large center, and educators in a public/private school)
- GAEYC Family Child Care Provider of the Year
- GAEYC Program of the Year
- GAEYC Student of the Year
- GAEYC Adult Educator of the Year
- GAEYC Volunteer of the Year
- GAEYC ECE Trainer of the Year
- GAEYC Early Interventionist of the Year
- GAEYC Technical Assistance Specialist of the Year