The GAEYC annual conference brings together educators, leaders, and policymakers who are rising to meet Georgia’s challenges in early childhood care and education.
2018 Conference Information
The 2018 conference was held October 5 – 6, 2018 at the Gwinnett Technical College – Alpharetta North Fulton Campus. Dates for the 2019 conference will be announced soon.
The final 2018 conference program is available here.
Pre-Conference: Trauma-Informed Practice
The pre-conference session took place on Thursday, October 4. Leaders and trainers joined together to learn about how to incorporate the lens of trauma and chronic toxic stress to achieve trauma-informed practice. Understanding the effects of traumatic experiences on children helps early childhood professionals effectively support children and families. The developmental needs of children who have experienced chronic stress is varied. In this workshop, professionals explored the needs of children and families to promote strategies that help professionals supporting children’s development who are dealing with traumatic experiences.
- A wide variety of sessions available each day: With sessions featuring the latest information and research in the field, you can tailor your agenda to specific professional development needs.
- Unlimited Networking Opportunities: Connect with peers, advocates, and leaders in the field.
- NAEYC Sponsor and Exhibit Hall: Stock up on the latest early childhood resources and classroom supplies.
- The College Fair and DECAL Scholars: Check out colleges with early childhood programs and opportunities to advance your professional education.
- The GAEYC Quality Service Awards: Nominate someone for an award. Details and nomination forms are coming soon. Nominations are due August 31.
- The GAEYC Recognition Ceremony: Celebrate programs that earned a 3-Star QR rating.
Need Information About the Conference?
Want to see what happened at previous GAEYC conferences? Visit the Past Conferences page.