REMINDER: 2014 Terri Lynne Lokoff/Children’s Tylenol National Childcare Teacher Awards
Are you a teacher in an early childhood program, or do you know an outstanding child care teacher? It’s time to nominate people for the Terri Lynne Lokoff/Children’s Tylenol National Child Care Teacher Awards. The program is open to all child care teachers of infants, toddlers, or preschool-age children. Specific requirements include:
- Working full time in a home, group, or center-based program
- Program is fully compliant with local and state child care licensing requirements
- Teachers must have been working as paid full-time teachers in their current program for at least thirty-six consecutive months by December 2013
- Programs must be open at least ten hours a day, five days a week, twelve months a year
- Only one application per center may be submitted.
The application deadline is December 6, 2013.
Number and Amount of Awards
Fifty award recipients will receive between $500 and $1,000 each to acknowledge their special dedication to early childhood education, and $500 for a classroom enhancement project submitted as part of the application. The top ten qualifiers become finalists for the Helene Marks Award for the National Childcare Teacher of the Year. The teacher chosen as the Helene Marks Award recipient will receive an additional $1,000 award.
How to Apply
For more information about the program, to complete an application, or to see a list of past recipients, go to the Terri Lynne Lokoff Foundation page.